Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I want to love you, but I can't...

Hello,

Today I wanted to share some products that I really wanted to like, but the relationship just didn't happen. 

The first is Boscia's Detoxifying Black Cleanser ($28 for 5oz).  It is described as "This Black Cleanser heats up on contact with skin to effectively open and de-clog pores. Its gel texture transforms into a gentle and effective lather to dissolve oil and makeup, rinsing away pore-clogging surface debris, impurities, and excess oil. It refines skin texture, brightens skin clarity, and minimizes the look of pores over time"  I feel like my pores have gotten larger as I age and like my skin to look bright and refreshed, plus Boscia has a pretty good rep so when it was a 100 point reward from Sephora I got a deluxe sample.


Oh I wanted to love you, but you didn't clean off all my make up and you DRIED the heck out of my face.  I might keep this around for post workout face washes in the summer - but I'm still worried it's too drying.  I have normal skin, and if you truly have oily skin it might be ok for you. I did like the smell and the black gel is kind of cool, but we will not be staying together.

Next up - Sally Hansen's No Chip top coat ($5.29) 

 On the Sally Hansen website it is described as "A fast-drying top coat that seals nail color to a smooth, hard finish. Acrylic formula dries to a high-gloss shield and provides ultra-hard protection." Nope.  No No No.  This stuff is terrible.  I have tried it over Essie, over China Glaze and over Revlon polishes and they all chip within a day - example this week's manicure below:

Chipped to bits after 2 days, it looks like I took a chesse grater to my nails - which I assure I did not.  I always use a top coat, because I like my manicure to last and I like shiny nails.  This doesn't even really keep the shine.  So disappointing.  

So these 2 beauty relationships didn't work out... but hopefully I'll find some winners to share soon!

Have you has a beauty breakup recently?

Jasmine




3 comments:

  1. What the!!? I thought that top coat was supposed to be good...No thank you! I just bought Sally Hansen's Big Matte top coat, so I hope it works better than the no-chip version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had luck with SH topcoats either! So disappointing. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww...I only tried a few Boscia skincare and so far didn't really get one I didn't like. I like a lot of Sally Hansen nail product too but I have not tried this top coat. What a bummer it didn't deliver! My last beauty break up was the Wet N Wild the style award collection eyeshadows. WNW has been a let down for me lately, I think I will be avoiding their product for a while.

    ReplyDelete