Today I wanted to do a little update on my healthy living and exercise regimen.
So the scale hasn't moved a LOT - but I'm down about 6 lbs in 4 weeks so that's good! And my pants definitely feel looser in the thigh hip area! YAY!
I thought changing my diet would be hard - but it actually just takes a bit of planning and I feel so much better. Here's some of my healthy eating tips!
- Greek Yogurt and fruit make a great breakfast and it has lots of protein
- Ruby Red Grapefruit is nature's candy! I haven't had an actual piece of candy in 26 days (not that I'm counting)
- Tilapia can be made a lot of different ways - and is good bang for your calorie buck.
- Broccoli raw is my favorite and SOOOO good for you, but if you hate broccoli try to eat more raw carrots. They are full of vitamins and the crunch is satisfying.
- Salad with lean protein and low calorie dressing is always a good choice.
- Don't eat after 9pm, just don't
As for exercise my Fitbit is key! I now know I am WAYYYY less active than I thought I was. It's the reality check I need each day to make sure I get on the elliptical, or take a bike ride, or even just take the steps when ever I can.
I also didn't realize I was only sleeping 6 hours a night - I always thought I went to bed earlier than I actually do and slept more soundly. By making some changes (white noise helps drown out my cat playing all night), a fan on me keeps me from getting too hot, I can get 8 restful hours.
It's not all smiles and rainbows, but I know what I'm putting in my body now and I definitely am getting more out, and if I end up looking like a supermodel in the end - well that's just a bonus :)
Any tips for me?