Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Treat yo Self!

Hello!

I am a big fan of the "treat yo self" (a reference to a Parks & Recreations episode, sooo funny!).   Now I don't do it all in one day, but like to do it about once a month.  I save up a little $$ and buy myself a treat. 


TREAT YO' SELF!!!
This month I decided  to finally take the "plunge" and get my self the infamous ALEX from Ikea ($119 @ Ikea.com) I have seen so many Beauty Bloggers using this for storage and I really haven't found anything better.  So I turned on Netflix (and watched the documentary "Mansome" - so good, watch it now!) And built me an ALEX (I love building Ikea stuff :) no sarcasm, seriously I like putting all that business together.


It's about 4' tall and 15" wide and hopefully, hopefully should contain the majority of my make up.  I don't think I'll be able to get my nail polish in there, but I already have a good spot for that.  And my constructions skills aren't wonky, when I took this picture I must not have had the drawers pushed in all the way - just sayin'.


I also got some cute little storage containers from the dollar store today on my bike ride, to help organize this business.  Speaking of bike rides...


I also treated myself to a bike basket for running errands this summer, to make sure I have no excuses for not bike riding more.  And yes that is a giant stuffed animal Emu on my bike, his name is Willard and I have had him for 11 years.  I love sitting him on my bike like this I find it really funny and my bike is stored right where you see it on the large landing on the steps up to our apartment.  So if you come visit - he greets you. 

Next month I think I may treat myself to some more electrolysis - getting older = random chin hairs. 

How do you "treat yo' self"??

Jasmine


9 comments:

  1. Wow! Can you do a makeup storage thing with that! I really want that ikea storage!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know some of the more "famous" bloggers have like 4 or 5 of the ALEX drawers to contain their stuff!

      Delete
  2. OMG!! I did a double take when I saw Willard!! I love him! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Willard too - I think Ostriches/Emu's are just really cool and I had an ex-boyfriend who liked to give me expensive unique gifts - thus Willard!

      Delete
  3. Oh my! Niiiiiice! I've always wanted an organizer just like that one. It's just sad that we don't have Ikea in town. I treat myself with food and shopping most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your nearest Ikea is MY store - The box will easily fit in a regular car trunk so take a little road trip and Treat Yo' Self!

      Delete
  4. I just...can't with Willard! hahahhaa! What in the world! Hilarious. And I looove me some Parks & Rec. Hoping to treat myself soon after we finish moving :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just being done with moving is a treat! But once you get settled I bet there will be tons of stuff you want :)

      Delete
  5. OMG I thought you had an actual live bird in your apartment. It would scare the bejeesus out of me to walk in someone's apartment and see that sitting there! I'd probably scream and think it was going to attack! It makes me think of Kevin from "Up". :D

    The storage setup looks awesome, I love the little bright containers you put inside. I guess I treat myself with a little haul when I can, maybe a pair of new shoes or something. It's good for the soul, I say!

    ReplyDelete