Sunday, September 9, 2012

You and your library...

Hello:

So this post is not beauty related...well not external beauty anyway.  One of my favorite things in the world is to read, and I hit a personal milestone today.
I have kept a journal of all the books I have read for the past 10 years - and then I entered it all into Goodreads.com and have kept it going from there.  Last week I read my 500th book!  I average about 50 books a year (I'm on track for 60 this year, I only know this because Goodreads has a neat tracking device).  So I thought I'd throw out my top 10 books over the last 10 years in case anyone else is a book lover :) 

These are not really in order of like #1 is my absolute favorite because I really can't choose a favorite, favorite anymore:

1) Jane Eyre - by Charlotte Bronte
2) The Red Tent - by Anita Diamant
3) Random Family: Love, Drugs, Trouble, and Coming of Age in the Bronx - Adrain Nicole LeBlanc
4) The Gargoyle - Andrew Davidson
5) Snow Flower and the Secret Fan - Lisa See
6) Me Talk Pretty One Day - David Sedaris
7) The Glass Castle - Jeanette Walls
8) Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides
9) The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon
10) A tree Grows in Brooklyn - Betty Smith

So have you read any of these or know any books I should read?  Also if you are on Goodreads let me know so we can be friends!

I have to go read book #502 now...

Jasmine

2 comments:

  1. It's been a while, but I really loved The Red Tent back when I read. I actually read something similar to it recently called The Dovekeepers, which in some ways I loved even more. So I have a feeling you would probably love it too.

    ReplyDelete