Monday, February 20, 2012

Too Faced Poreless Primer... is not too bad, but it's not the miracle they claim

Hello:

Today I tried Too Faced Poreless Primer which the company describes as "Primed & Poreless creates the perfect canvas to allow powders, bronzers and foundations to airbrush onto the skin seamlessly and perfectly blended. Skin appears brighter, fresher and younger. Color stays true and in place all day."  Wow, those are some lofty claims, but the product does carry a $30 price tag.

Only a small amount of the primer is needed - and it's a neutral color

The Too Faced website also states the following benefits:

  • Erase Pores & Imperfections: Virtually erases pores, softens lines and perfects your complexion leaving skin ready for bronzer, powder, makeup or nothing at all.

  • Customized Formula: Provides an airbrushed canvas as it preps skin for bronzers, powder products and liquid foundations. Bronzers glide on without grabbing or looking heavy. Powders float above imperfections. Makeup applies like magic onto skin. Color stays true and in place all day.

  • Mulberry Extract & Arctostaphylos UVA URSI: Protect, brighten and lighten skin for a renewed freshness and soothing effect.

  • Retinyl Palmitate & Cyclodextrin with CAVAMAX Retinol: Restores moisture, elasticity and suppleness with a powerful combination of anti-wrinkle, youth enhancing, skincare ingredients.

  • Camellia Oil & Vitamin A: Essence of the white tea plant and the free radical fighting vitamins are nature’s most powerful antioxidants. Skin looks firmer, brighter and more resilient, even up close.


  • Seriously? Whoa.  I didn't see brightening or lightening of my skin for sure ( I doubt at this point anything could actually lighten it besides bleaching).  Youth enhancement - no, anti- wrinkle - no (my crows feet are still there as is this wrinkle that has been on my forehead since I was 30.  As for porelessness (is that even a word?) I took a close-up (SCARY) just because I felt like this was a main claim of the product and I think it makes my usually "not bad" pores look worse as you'll see below:
    Hello Pores!

    
     And of course my before and after shots:
                                                                 

    
    
    Before Primer
    After Primer with Lancome Teint Miracle on

    

    It did make my foundation go on smoother and the foundation did not get chalky on me as it has in the past without a primer.  My forehead still got oily but looking but a light blot with a kleenex took care of it.  I think that Too Faced has made TOO many claims for this product, it works ok to hold your foundation on and give you a smoother application, but the the pore enhancement in my case is definetly not worth it.  Sooo the search continues.

    Next up ... Make up Forever,

    Jasmine

    1 comment: