Saturday, April 27, 2013

Seriously Skin Saturday

Hello!

So I wanted to start a new series on skincare as I have found a lot of people don't know a lot about their "Skin" like...

It is the largest organ!  (So we should take care of it just like we would our heart - you wouldn't "burn" you heart would you?)   So don't burn your skin!

Via

Your skin is thinnest on your eyelid and thickest on your palms and bottom of the feet - I have mentioned before that is why you should NOT put creams on your eyelid - see correct eye care Here! 


And be careful with those "pedi egg" things so you don't take too much skin off :)



When the skin forms "scar" tissue it's not like normal skin tissue it wont have hair follicles or oil glands - again why we need to protect the skin so we don't have scarred tissue. 

And finally the skin has 3 layers:
Via

The Epidermis, the Dermis and the Subcutaneous.  The picture on the left is healthy skin and on the right, sun damaged aging skin.  Next week I will go over what makes skin "healthy" and what you can and cant do once it is damaged.
Please leave any questions you might want answered during this series and I'll try and work them in :)
Jasmine

4 comments:

  1. Nice post :)

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea! So many people are so undereducated about their skin. Can't wait to read your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to read about your skincare posts. I agree that skincare is very important. I try but I guess sometimes I myself don't even know what I'm doing wrong.

    ReplyDelete