Saturday, November 30, 2013

Winter with Essie

Hello,

For the first time in awhile a seasonal nail polish collection really caught my eye - Essie fall and winter 2013.  So far I've only been able to find 4 (I guess other people like them too!).

From Left to Right - Sable Collar, After School Boy Blazer, Mind your Mittens, Vested Interest

Sable Collar ->

I really like this color - it's dark but not too dark and I think a nice replacement for a traditional burgundy - plus it will look good under a variety of glittery topcoats.

After School Boy Blazer ->



This is a gorgeous dark navy blue - I just love it!  Super chic!  And again would look great with the addition of some ombre glitter.

Mind your Mittens ->

A unique (to me) grey blue that just reminds me of sweaters and boots season!

Vested Interest->



A dark sage green, I usually don't like green on my but this is like turquoise with grey so it works! and with gold sparkles - lovely!

All the swatches I did are two coats - the formula was just right on all of them.

I still want to get Parka Perfect, Cashmere Bathrobe and Warm & Toasty Turtleneck.

What colors are you loving this winter?

Jasmine


8 comments:

  1. I want Sable Collar and Parka Perfect! Parka Perfect is such a perfect winter color...I hope you are able to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Vested interest! Definitely going to try get my hands on them.
    Charlotte xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had the best luck at Target - but I know Walgreens carries the LE ones too

      Delete
  3. I really wanted Vested Interest but it looks so similar to School of Hard Rocks that I resisted not to get it. Love all the shades in this collection but I think I have similar colors already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I didn't get any of the Oxblood or Red ones - but for some reason the blues and greens looked "new" to me :)

      Delete
  4. What pretty colors! And a nice change from the usual red/oxblood that dominates fall and winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were definitely part of the collection too but I wanted to change it up!

      Delete