Friday, December 21, 2012

e.l.f Studio LIne hual (part 2)

Hello:

Today I have the second part of my e.l.f  Studio haul.  This time I wanted show the actual cosmetics I got.  Here's the whole lot below:


One thing I was really excited for was the e.l.f. Studio SPF 45 Sunscreen UVA/UVB Protection Powder:
"A portable loose powder sunscreen that can be worn alone or over any makeup for key sun protection. Shields against harmful UVA/UVB rays to prevent premature skin aging and sun damage. The soft translucent powder is infused with healthy ingredients such as Aloe Vera Extract, Grape Seed Extract and Vitamins A,C & E to help nourish and soothe the skin." - from the e.l.f. website
 
 
As you can see from the picture above I wouldn't say it is "portable" as they describe.   I wouldn't throw this in my purse, I don't think I ever "carry" loose powder.  But, that aside, it is SPF 45, it's translucent, and so I am happy to apply at home!
 
I also got the e.l.f. Studio High Definition Undereye Setting Powder:


"This light-diffusing powder camouflages fine lines, dark circles and imperfections, perfect for on camera or everyday wear. The silky powder adds a velvety finish ideal for wearing alone or setting in cream concealer. The Vitamin C & K infused formula helps to restore and strengthen skin for a revitalized appearance." - from the e.l.f. website
 
 

Although it appears white in the container it goes on "clear", it does have some very fine iridescent sparkles in it as well.
 
I also got the e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeshadow (I got 2 of the eight shades available):
"Line, shade and contour your eyes with this ultra pigmented and creaseless cream shadow. Easy to blend for layering and building color. The silky smooth and smudge-proof formula provides long lasting color for a beautiful look all day."
 
 
I got Natural Glow (left) and Candlelight (right), I did one thin layer for the picture and it came out sparkle heavy.  These remind me of the texture of the Maybelline Color Tattoo shadows.
 
I also wanted to try the e.l.f. Studio Lip Definer & Shaper:
"Enhance your lips by creating a fuller more defined lip easily! One side highlights lips to create a beautiful youthful glow, while the other side defines lips for a perfect pouty look." - from the e.l.f. website
 
 
I really like the define color - when smudged down it it creates a very nice "my lips but better color". I'm honestly not sure how to use the "shape" definer part of the pencil.  I used it to highlight the cupids bow,and it was ok...
 
 And last but not least the HD blush in Encore:
 
"Rich and creamy HD Blush naturally sculpts and highlights the cheekbones for a soft-focus effect that is great for everyday use. The Vitamin E enriched formula conditions and hydrates the skin for a healthy, radiant glow. Velvety soft, lightweight and highly pigmented color creates a long-lasting result for all day wear."  - from the e.l.f. website
 
IT IS VERY HIGHLY PIGMENTED - You only need a dot of product - as you can see I put three dots below and then I had to buff the he!! out off it and put a bunch more foundation on so I wouldn't look like a clown.  But it does last and last and it is a pretty color.  I do want more already :)
 
 
So that's it, the only thing I didn't show was the eye primer, because well it just looks like eye primer.
 
Hope you all are almost ready for the holidays and have lots of cookies in your future :)
 
Jasmine

 

3 comments:

  1. Nothing like some good old fashioned hauling! Love!
    x
    -Imani Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blush and the cream liners! I'm impressed. I'm generally not a fan of elf because I bought a huge haul and was disappointed with most of it. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete