Tuesday, July 10, 2012

L'Oreal's Youth Code BB Cream... is not "fair" friendly

Hello:

I'm not sure I've ever mentioned why my blog is @ formosacandidus.blogspot.com, it is because formosa candidus means beautiful pale in Latin and as a very pale individual I have a hard time finding beauty products that are light enough or have enough sunscreen.  When all these Beauty Balms started coming on the market I was excited because a true Asian Beauty Balm is protective form the sun and aims to give more even, "whiter" skin.  And of course most Americans do not find pale well, pretty.  So I have tried 5 BB creams with little success and L'oreal's Youth Code is no different. 
As you can see from the box it claims 5 main benefits:
  • Evens
  • Illuminates
  • Perfects
  • Moistuizes
  • Corrects 


 I got mine at Walgreen's for $17.99 plus tax (Which is 9.75%) here so it is like $20 when you are said and done.  It does have a small amount of sunscreen but not the SPF 35 it needs to have to not just be another tinted moisturizer.  Also it only comes in Light and Medium and as you can see from my swatch below on a truly "light" person it is quite dark.

 The consistancy is thick and a little goes a long way.  It did feel moisturizing and it claims the "perfecting" part comes from a week of use, but if it's not a good color for me, so no way I'm looking like an oompa loompa to see results.  I buried my vanity for the pictures below to show that it does NOT correct you can see the small blemish on my chin fully before and after.


before
After
























I think in fact I look worse after becuase as you can see on my neck I look orange and I BUFFED that stuff in.  I also look very shiny which is not my cup of tea. After a bit it "soaked in" and I will have to store this for use as a possible primer for dry, winter days.  I said I wasn't going to review any more BB's but at this point I just need to order the "real" deal from oversees and save myself some $. 

Jasmine

2 comments:

  1. Good to know its not fair friendly! I was considering trying it out! I'll save the money now.

    Xx, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of help! I keep trying these BB creams hoping... the Maybellind seems to be the only "fair" one so far. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

      Delete