Friday, July 27, 2012

Tone your way to gorgeous...with RE9 Regenerating Toner

Hello:


I know people often wonder if they need a toner in their skincare routine...I mean what does it do?  Quite a bit actually.
image courtesy of www.gracenglamour.com
It helps your skin return to it's natural PH balance after cleansing. It should enhance your skincare routine by giving you a cleaner more balanced "palette" for your moisturizer or serum.  Now that may not seem like much, but if you want to see the effect there's an easy way to see how effective a toner can be.  Just wash the tops of both of your hands, dry, tone one and not the other, and then put on bit of moisturizer on each.  The hand you tone: A) should have been cleaner (look at the cotton ball you used, did it get off more debris than cleansing alone?), and your moisturizer should sink in faster as well and whenyour moisturizing or serum products can sink in further - they work better, giving you the results you are paying for.
Toner should not "dry out" your skin in any way, if it does check the alcohol content, you really don't want any, even for oily skin (stripping your face is not usually a good idea).
I personally have never found a drugstore brand toner that wasn't either full of alcohol, or just practically perfumed water. I gave up on toners after countless bottles that seemed they just weren't quite right. Until, I literally stumbled upon an Arbonne rep (A sister of a friend asked me if I'd have a beauty product party at my house,and who am I to say no to beauty products) who introduced me to their RE9 line of anti-aging products, and their Regenerating Toner.  " An antioxidant-rich, pH-balanced mist with Vitamins A, C and E regenerates skin tone and firmness to deliver younger-looking skin." is how it's described by Arbonne.

I describe it as Love, Love, Love.  I just mist this onto a cotton pad and swipe after cleaning, and my face feels refreshed and not "tight".  My moisturizer sinks right in and I have better skin now than I did in my 20's.  I have cheated on this toner with Lancome and Clarins, but I always come back because it just works the best.  It's probably because it has all natural ingredients, and 1.7 oz bottle will last you months.  It's $35.00 but finding the right product for me is (nearly) priceless.

Jasmine

4 comments:

  1. This was such a helpful post! I have never been to sure on toner, but after reading this next time im out i might pick some up!
    Thanks, Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it - finding the right toner is awesome once you FIND it! :)

      Delete
  2. what a great post. I normally just skip toner, but may have to rethink about this now.. hehe thanks for being so informative. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem! That's why I love beauty blogging you learn so much!

      Delete