Monday, July 23, 2012

NP Set's Memory Foundation...is a just another name for tinted moisturizer.

Hello:

Last week I was strolling down the Target aisles and I came across NP Set's Memory Foundation and I was excited because they have a few different shades including "Extra Light", which you don't see often.  There were no testers, so I had to hope for the best.

Now, on the front of the box it says Memory Foundation, but as soon as you turn it around it says "A tinted moisturizer that recreates younger, dewier skin."  WHAT?  You can't call it one thing and then another.  I have very different expectations for a foundation vs. a tinted moisturizer.  But I'm going to go with it being a tinted moisturizer, as NP Set describes it as "Set 1 is an extra light shade, ideal for fair skin tones. Memory Foundation is a hydrating, nourishing tinted moisturizer that smooths the appearance of imperfections while promoting suppleness and radiance. Vitamins E and C condition, brighten and supply antioxidant protection while seaweed extract thoroughly nourishes. Skin is smooth, hydrated and flawless in appearance."

I like the plain bottle
Even "Extra light" is still a bit darker than my lovely skin - notice how close in color I am to a white wall.

It is very creamy in texture, as you would expect from a tinted moisturizer, and a little goes a long way.  I doesn't feel heavy on, and it blended nicely.  I'll agree it smooths imperfections, and gives the skin a dewy glow. 

After - I'm not "perfected" but smoothed out a bit and less shiny.
Here I am before a bit shiny.

Overall, it's the best tinted moisturizer I've come across froma non-speciality store an at $28 a bottle it better be :)  But you get 1.76 oz.   I wore it on a hot, humid day with a little powder and I didn't have any seperation or oil splotches.  It's probably best for those with combination to dry skin as it is definetly a moisturizer and not a foundation per se.  Just wish it had some SPF!

Jasmine



No comments:

Post a Comment