Monday, July 30, 2012

NYC 16 hour Smooch Proof Lip Stain...lasts about 6

Hello:
Today I tried out NYC's 16 Hour Smooch Proof Lip Stain in color #494 Smooch Proof.  It comes in packaging much like Revlon's lip stain but without the balm. 
It goes on just like you are putting a marker to your lips, it's definitely a product you would want to put on moisturized lips. 
bare lips
Initial application
It definitely looks "brighter" in real life, and I added lip balm over it after an hour and it looked its best during my wear.
After 2.5 hours, no eating or drinking
After 5.5 hours, ate a salad and drank thru a straw...no more lip stain for me!
I probably could have kept it on longer by reapplying a lip balm every half hour or so, but I wanted to see how long it would last.  3 hours of color seems to be the limit.  I am shocked that they say 16... there is no way.  But it's an inexpensive stain and easy to carry in the purse so I may try another color and keep the balm handy.

Jasmine

4 comments:

  1. I have a few of these and like them a lot but then again they are the only lip stains I own:)

    Sara xx (new follower:))
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I was just disappointed that they said 16 hour wear and it was not even close for me. Ahhhh if it sounds to good to be true...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen these yet but I'm currently on a No-buy so I'm kind of burying my head in the sand. Great review.

    I found your blog through the Monday Blog Hop and I'm now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. new follower from the blog hop. Hope you will follow back. Thanks

    http://babyboomersbombshellsandbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete