Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm...is brilliant

Hello:

Today I am reviewing Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm in #7 Rosy Red, which I got at Target for $16.00. 
Pixi's website describes this product as:

"Super-nourishing, lip-staining balm that keeps lips in optimum condition while giving them lush colour.
What it is formulated to do:
Packed with lip-loving ingredients, this glossy gel balm protects & hydates lips instantly. After the balm wears off, lips are left tinted with a flattering, personalized hue just for you (colour & intensity depends on pH level of lips).
Twist-up crayon requires no sharpening."


I wanted to see how this compares to the other tinted balm "lipsticks" like Revlon and Tarte have out.  I really like the color first of all, it's not as much coverage as full on red lipstick, but not a 'GLOSSY' gloss.  It feels GREAT on!  Just like I'm wearing my favorite lip balm.  It does settle into dry spots though...you can only really notice it up close, but a good exfoilliation would have probably helped.  It felt moisturizing for a good few hours, and is definetly perfect to throw in the purse because touch ups would be a breeze.  
Bare lips
2 swipes of tinted balm

 I think I got lucky that I like the color so much, as there are not tester to see what the colors "actually" look like (at least not at my Target).  However I never met a red lipstick I didn't like so the $16 choice wasn't such a gamble, I really like the formula so I may just HAVE to try the others :)

Jasmine


1 comment:

  1. I didn't know Pixi made balm stains. I will have to check them out.

    xoxo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete