Friday, March 22, 2013

Inner Beauty Friday - Book Club!

Hello!

It's Friday, so once again I am linking up with Heather at Blonde...Undercover Blonde for Book  Club!



This week I read "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn:

Here is the synopsis from Goodreads.com: "Marriage can be a real killer.  On a warm summer morning in North Carthage, Missouri, it is Nick and Amy Dunne’s fifth wedding anniversary. Presents are being wrapped and reservations are being made when Nick’s clever and beautiful wife disappears from their rented McMansion on the Mississippi River. Husband-of-the-Year Nick isn’t doing himself any favors with cringe-worthy daydreams about the slope and shape of his wife’s head, but passages from Amy's diary reveal the alpha-girl perfectionist could have put anyone dangerously on edge. Under mounting pressure from the police and the media—as well as Amy’s fiercely doting parents—the town golden boy parades an endless series of lies, deceits, and inappropriate behavior. Nick is oddly evasive, and he’s definitely bitter—but is he really a killer?

My thoughts: This book is good! It gets my highest praise which is - it's Interesting!  I appreciated that most reviews I saw about this book didn't give away plot elements - so I'm not going to say much, because anything you say literally will ruin plot twists.  I just think that even if some elements are a bit over the top - I liked it!  And the end ... it is what it is.  I don't know how I would have ended it so for me it works.
 
Until next week!

Jasmine

11 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing, I was recently looking for something to read ans this might be it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its one of the best books I've read in awhile!

      Delete
  2. Great review (and thanks for not giving anything away in your review)! I love books with plot twists! I'm adding it to my list!

    :)
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a hard one to review because you don't want to say much - so others can enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. it was a good book! glad you didn't give it away because it wouldn't be as good if you knew the twists!

    http://ilikebigbooksblog.wordpress.com/2013/03/20/book-review-inside-out-back-again-by-thanhha-lai/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The twists are what MAKE this book, I want to read her others now!

      Delete
  4. I LOVED this book! And I agree with you that there's no real way to review it without giving anything away! I've heard that her other books get super creepy so I'm a little scared. Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The author lives in Chicago and Im always hopping I'll see her - its crazy how many people I run into. :). Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I've been wanting to read this! It sounds really suspenseful. Thanks for not giving away any plot twists!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha its good! I read ONE word by accident in another review that ruined a bunch of it, but still it was good, so prepare to read it in one sitting! Prepare the tea :)

      Delete
  6. I love this book too! And what I'm saying over and over is that if there's any chance you may want to read this, you need to read this now. I'd hate for something to think about reading it, and then have it spoiled. I feel like the book would read so differently if you knew what to expect.

    ReplyDelete