Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Oh La La Lips - Nars "damned"

Hello!

Today I choose a dark burgundy lip - it's almost spring so it's about time to put it away.  It's a NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Damned. Although I believe a classic red is season-less, darker red feels fall/winter and pinks seem spring/summer. 

I really like Nars' Velvet Matte Lip Pencils ($25) they are worth the price if you find a color you love.  It's a smooth consistency, very portable, and richly pigmented. 


Here is a comparison of Nars "Damned" versus some similar colors as I have:

 
I would say it's more "plummy" than Revlon Black Cherry or Maybelline's Wine & Forever which are almost identical colors.  It is also Matte while the other two are a Cream finish.

 
So above I look a little washed out - but add some oh la la lips!
 
 

But I love the instant lift of this deep color. The lip color lasts about 3 hours (or more depending on if you eat or not).  It wears off pretty evenly and leaves a bit of a stain, that I usually just put gloss over.  Although it is matte it doesn't dry out my lips terribly, but I do always "marinate" my lips in a balm before I do a matte lip.

So do you think dark lips have a season? 

Jasmine

8 comments:

  1. It looks pretty smooth for being matte. I like that color on you. I haven't bought a high-end lipstick in a long while. Now that I think of it, I think I been using my drugstore lippies a lot more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I treated myself to this one with a Sephora gift certificate - Everyone I know pretty much gives me gift certificates to Sephora on holidays! I've only spent $8 of real money there since last Sept!

      Delete
    2. Oh snap, lucky you! Gift certificates are so lovely.

      Sephora is finally putting a store in my town sometime this spring so I will finally get to check them out!

      Delete
  2. I love deep colors myself! Looks great on you!

    Even though you are super close to 200 followers I went ahead and nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    check out my post for more, hope you can participate!

    Jess xx
    http://letsplaymakeupp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this colour on you! I haven't tried these Nars lip pencils, but I will definitely check them out next time I am at Murale :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so beautiful! I love that lip colour! :) You look like a Hollywood starlet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a good lippie on you! I agree it's time to start switching over to a more spring-like "wardrobe" for the lips--but I do love these vampy mattes!!

    ReplyDelete