Thursday, July 18, 2013

Burt's Bees Thoroughly Therapeutic Honey & Grapeseed Oil Hand Cream

Hello,

This week has been really humid - so of course their blasting the AC at work and thus my skin is really dry.  Also I wash my hands a lot.  So I needed some TLC.  So I had gotten this Burt's Bees hand cream as a gift and thought I should give it a try.

 
From the Burt's Bees website:
 
"Help is on the way with this truly hydrating hand creme. Made with Honey, Jojoba Oil and Rosemary Extract, it’s specially designed to smooth and soften your super dry hands.

• Daily therapy for dry hands
• Smoothes and softens skin with Honey, Jojoba Oil and Rosemary Extract"
 
It retails for $10 for 2.6oz.
 
It didn't feel greasy, but for some reason it didn't really feel like it soaked in either, it feels watery/waxy .  And the smell - uff not so good.  I think it's the Honey - I just don't like honey scented things.  As far as it being "thoroughly therapeutic"  I think you would have to use it AM and PM to see real results.  I think I'll save my $10 for some L'Occitane shea butter hand cream - which is about the same price per ounce.

`What's your favorite hand cream?

Jasmine

7 comments:

  1. I haven't been blown away by Burt's Bees products. I agree the L'Occitane cream is best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either - though the Lemon Butter cuticle cream is nice (Review soon!) I feel like the overcharge for being "natural" when they actually have a lot of allergens in their products.

      Delete
    2. I was going to leave a comment but you took the words out of my mouth :D I'm looking forward to the cuticle balm review, though--I've always been curious about it!

      Delete
  2. My favorite hand creams are the H20 ones. I feel they like have that great nourishing feel without that watery/waxy feeling. I know exactly what you mean by the Burt's bees one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love H20 stuff - It's getting harder to find!

      Delete
  3. I ordered some L'Occitane products on Hautelook a few days ago. I can't wait to receive my order. Otherwise, the Aveeno hand cream has been a favorite for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what you got from Hautelook and thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete