Saturday, July 13, 2013

July Ipsy Bag - Beach Beauty!

Hello!

Today I got my Ipsy bag and once again I was super impressed!

 
This month's bag was different based on your profile and could have contained items from the following brands: Benefit, Coola, Demeter, derma/e, bh cosmetics, Nailtini, pop beauty & sexy hair.
 
I got the items below:


All sorts of fun!\
 
BH Cosmetics - California palettes $9.95/ value-  $1.50??
 
So first up - an eyeshadow palette from BH Cosmetics.  It has one shadow from each of their California Collection palettes.  You can buy a full palette for $9.95 on their site (with their current sale) and it has 16 eyeshadows and 4 blushes. 
 
 
As you can see they aren't super pigmented, but they are pretty colors and very soft.  I built them up a bit, and over a primer they do quite well.  Plus I love the size, perfect for the @ work makeup bag!
 
Derma/e Microdermabrasion Scrub: Full size $32.50 for 2oz./ 1oz value - $16.25 
 
This stuff is smells divine - lemony fresh. Here's the description from their website: "This salon-perfect formula uses an exclusive crystal blend including Dead Sea Salt and Volcanic Sand (rich in Silica) to buff away dull surface cells, help diminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and acne scars, and absorb excess skin oils. Enriched with natural astringents Lime and Lemon Peel, and antioxidants Grapeseed and Vitamin E, this fine treatment product retexturizes skin leaving it soft, smooth and younger-looking." The "grit" is medium in my opinion - not harsh like St. Ives (which is terrible for your face - seriously.  That's why it's so cheap.) 
 
I used a small bit on my hand - and it left it very soft.  If you have normal skin I would say you could use this once a week.  It's a bit pricey in my opinion for an exfoliant - but I will gladly use the 1 oz!
 
 
Coola Mineral Sunscreen: $36.00 for 1.7 oz/ .23oz = $4.87
 


I don't know much about Coola but here's the description from their website: "Keep the sun and environment at bay with this SPF 20 broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen; a clear, Titanium Dioxide based formula (for those who are Zinc sensitive) made with 98% natural ingredients. Organic Acai Oil - high in Omegas-3/6/9, Vitamins B1/2/3, plus antioxidant Vitamins C and E - delivers a powerful defense against aging. Organic Sunflower Seed Extract promotes elasticity while organic Linseed Oil, containing Alpha-Linolenic Acids, reduces redness and irritation. The phyto-protector Plankton Extract rejuvenates, as organic Cucumber Extract calms skin."
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Paraben Free
  • Ultra Sheer
  • Anti-Aging
  • Water Resistant (40 minutes)
  • No nano-sized particles
So it has a lot of oils in it - which will scare a lot of people but you know I love my facial oils. I will definitely use this up!


pop beauty Lip Crayon Full Size - $4.17 - Usually only sold in a set of 6 for $25

 
I got Coral Crush and it is a lovely color! 

 
 
The consistency reminds me of the Revlon Balm Stains - and it's moisturizing like that, but it doesn't really leave that much of a stain.  I wish there were more colors of these available individually.
 
 
And finally...
 

Sexy Hair Weather Proof Spray 3.4 - $15.95/ 1.7 = $7.97

From their site:

"Big Sexy Hair Weatherproof Humidity Resistant Spray - Big Sexy Hair Weatherproof is a high-performance humidity resistant spray that promises to leave your hairstyles intact, removing any chance of humidity attacking mishaps."

Total Value of this months bag =$34.76

Once again I am so impressed and excited to use my goodies!

What did you get in your Ipsy bag?

Jasmine



11 comments:

  1. Hey girl! I am working on posting my ipsy bag un-bagging right now. I basically received the same bag but instead of the Derma e I received a Nailtini nail polish. Pretty excited for this bag!

    Take Care!
    Mandy Jean
    www.mandyjeanchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I like those Nailtini polishes! I'm also so excited when I see the pink mailer!

      Delete
  2. That's a cute bag. How does the hairspray smell like? I got the mousse a while back and I just hated how it smelled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got pretty much the same bag as you, but instead of the Weather Proof Spray I got the Soy Renewal Beach Spray. Very happy with this month's bag! I'm working on my post tomorrow! :)

    http://skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I want to try some beach (i assume Salt) spray...but I don't want to commit to a big bottle! I guess I could just make my own :)

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you like your bag, I quit ipsy this month and so glad I did! I wouldn't have liked this bag. The only thing I might have liked was the scrub.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to get an ipsy bag soon as they seem to be the only service that constantly sends out nice and useful products. The bag iteself you got is so cute and that lip stain is such a pretty colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been getting it for 8 months now and I like it better and better. Not every product is perfect for me but its a great way to try stuff and my mom and my brother's girlfriends get my castoffs :)

      Delete
  6. OMG I used St. Ives for years and now I just facepalm that I didn't switch sooner! It's no wonder my skin was always so irritated! Things you learn once you've been blogging for a while, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got mine on Saturday and I loved everything!

    ReplyDelete