Monday, July 15, 2013

The Blogger Confessionals...



Hello,

Today I want to talk about something personal, but before I do I want to put a big ole' disclaimer on it.  ***People come in all shapes and sizes and what is right for some may not be right for others.  I am only talking about me!***

And the truth is...I am FAT.

Have you every seen a body shot of me...there are like two on this entire blog and I have posted almost 400 times.  I dislike my body very much right now.  I am 5'8" and 200lbs (I know this for a fact because I just went to the doctor last week). And if you read my blog often you know I love candies and cookies! LOVE.

So where I'm at is not terrible but it's bad and you know what it HURTS.  I can feel it in my knees and in my back and I just don't "look" like myself anymore.  I don't have the energy I used to and stupid things wind me. I have gained 30 pounds since we moved to Chicago less than 2 years ago.  That's more than 1 1/4 pounds a month! Needless to say this is why you never see a fashion post from me.  So something has got to change.

First thing I did a week ago - I installed the My Fitness Pal app on my phone. 

 
And I started tracking everything I ate.  WHOA.  I was putting so many empty calories into this body of mine that it seriously scared me straight - straight away from my box of cookies (I didn't even eat the last two!).  I mean it was all sugar and carbs and fat. You can only exist on Red Vines, Diet Coke and cookies for so long I guess.
 
I also got my Fitbit this weekend. 
 
This little baby tracks your steps, stairs, calories and sleep patterns.  And if you stay active your flower "grows" ;)  I wear it on my hip in it's little holster and at night I sleep with it in a wristband.  It also syncs up with My Fitness Pal.  So if I've been a good girl and done some biking or extra walking it adds calories to my diet for the day.  Can you say Skinny Cow Ice Cream sandwich = 40 minutes of biking around the neighborhood.  I already earned 2 this week :) I also love the sleep tracking function - I knew I was waking up a lot at night! 
 
I don't know why I'm writing this.  I don't want anyone to say "Oh you're not fat." or something like that.  I don't really want any encouragement.  I just know a lot of us have thing we are "working thru" and sometimes putting those things out in the open helps make us more accountable.  I don't want to eat right and exercise for a week , a month or a year.  I want to change some seriously bad habits. 
 
So here's looking forward to some fashion posts :)
 
Be well...
 
Jasmine 


12 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you're taking charge of your health and doing it in a healthy way! The fitbit sounds so neat! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I swear I already feel better! I got my fitbit from Amazon and saved $10!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of the Fitbit, i'm going to look into that!

    ~Sherine
    Confessions Of A City Girl / Enerjiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't want something soooo advanced like the BodyBug but this is pretty simple and keeps me accountable :)

      Delete
  3. I lost a lot of weight and was posting a lot of healthy living tips. Then the winter came and I was a happy eater heheh so now 6 months later I realized that nothing fits like it did last year. So everyday I am trying to walk a little further,and eat a little better hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been a "happy eater" for much too long. The other day I ate a ruby red grapefruit and it was just as good as candy!

      Delete
  4. I know the feeling. I don't even want to look at myself sometimes. I've gained an insane amount of weight over the past few months too. I was planning on exercising again but after I broke my ankle I'm not even thinking about it anymore. Kudos for trying to make a change. I still need to find some motivation. Keep us updated. I always wonder if those gadget help at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel! I gained a whopping 50 pounds during my pregnancy and still haven't lost all the weight a year later. I love technology, but I don't know how well this would help me lose any weight... Let us know how it goes!

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's great that you're taking charge of your health so you'll feel better! The biggest indicators for me that I need to change my eating habits are always sore knees, or lack of energy, etc. Listening to your body is sooooo important.

    Sadly I still have a terrible sweet tooth. But I've found that if I eat less artificial sugar, I crave it less. So I just try to not have soda, candy, etc. and get my sweets from fruit, etc. And that makes it much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lost 50 lbs 8 years ago and I've had to make major lifestyle changes to keep it off. It's good that you're still rewarding yourself :)

    ReplyDelete