Saturday, October 19, 2013

Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning Balm

Hello,

Somehow while owning probably 50 lip balms I found myself lip balm-less at work, with suddenly crazy chapped lips.  The nearest store is the Wal-Mart from Hell, and it is always super messy and half the beauty items are open.  But my lips needed relief!  So I chose Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning Balm.

 
The biggest reason I choose this balm is because it said 4 hour moisturization and it is supposedly 100% natural.  Here's the description from their website "Kiss dry lips goodbye. Clinically proven to offer 4 hours of long-lasting moisturization, this ultra-hydrating lip conditioner is infused with rich Kokum, Shea, and Cocoa Butters. Giving you more butters and less wax than other balms, so your lips will be left soft and super smooth. It also lovingly replenishes your skin with no added flavors or fragrances. It’s hydration at its very highest"
 
 
It also says hypoallergenic - let's define that "designed to reduce or minimize the possibility of an allergic response, as by containing relatively few or no potentially irritating substances" -from dictionary.com  I just want to talk about that for a minute - most people think hypoallergenic means there is no fragrance, or that you can't be allergic to it - there is always something you can be allergic to!  They also often have a lot of masking agents in them to get rid on NATURAL scent (everything has a smell - so if you are buying something fragrance free it most likely has more chemical agents in it than you think to take OUT the smell.  Ok that's my rant on un-natural "natural" products.
 
 
So taking that all in - did it work?  It feels good when you first put it on - but 4 hours of moisturization - No!  Like an hour and 1/2.  It's $4 on Burtsbees.com.  The reviews on Burt's Bees are very mixed as well either one star or a few 5's.  I have come to the conclusion I just need to drink more water rather than using lip balm! 
 
Anybody have a lip balm recommendation that really makes their lips better?!?
 
Jasmine
 



6 comments:

  1. Burt bees chapstick are always the best choice :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just never had that good of luck with them

      Delete
  2. I am in love with Hurraw. They're hard to find but they come in great flavors and leave my lips super soft. I think they're about $4. I've also had luck with Alba Botanica. But I tried the Burt's lippies and didn't like them, I think I had a tinted one at one time and then I tried the grapefruit flavored balm. Neither moisturized as well as the package claimed. I feel like they're not the most "natural" natural choice either, so their marketing kind of irks me :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the Baby Lips line of products. The Dr. Rescues for that line are really nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I thought I had a lot of lip balm, lol. I like my orange vanilla lip balm from the Honest Co. a lot, though I don't think it lasts for four hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd recommend the jack black intense therapy lip balm. The price is reasonable and it feels good on the lips. Definitely does last longer than the average lip balm.

    ReplyDelete