Thursday, October 24, 2013

Snail Mail Collective

Hello,

This month I joined the Snail Mail Collective over @ The Nectar Collective.  What is it?
"In case you’ve never heard of the Snail Mail Collective before, then let me explain! SMC is a monthly international package and friendship exchange. It is free to sign up and you will be paired with one other person (hopefully from a different country!). Then, you’ll get to know each other for a couple weeks through emails, twitter, blog posts — whatever you like! After that, you’ll mail off a small gift (totaling $5) to your partner. SMC exists as a way for people to meet new friends from around the world. "
The Snail Mail Collective



Fun right!?!?!!?

I was paired up with Bethan from A Pretty Place to Play - she lives in London, takes amazing pictures and writes a very interesting blog.  Plus she was a great partner! 

Here is the amazing package she put together for me - the theme was "autumn adventure"

First of all just getting a package from the UK is a great thing to come home to!

 
Look at how nicely wrapped up it is! 
 


And inside the nicely wrapped package - was more thoughtfully wrapped items!

 
Clockwise: Skull chocolate for Halloween - these are super cool!  A letter wishing me a happy autumn.  Fox Socks (LOVE) I did not know there are city foxes in London!  Autumnal recipes- yum!  Cadbury hot chocolate mixes..mmmmm!  And hair bands - because I lose mine ALL THE TIME!
 
It was such a fun thoughtful package!  And I made a great blogland friend - can't wait to do it again :)
 
 
Jasmine
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Aww this is cute and fun. I really like the idea and making friend with someone from a different country sounds pretty cool. $5 limit is really small. I can't even think of something decent I could buy for $5 but you definitely received some nice stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two words - TJ Maxx and creativity! I know your shopping powers and you could definitely make a cute package for $5. :)

      Delete
  2. I had such a great time doing this exchange last month, but the postage really got me!! I'm probably going to wait til December to sign up again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Postage is wicked expensive! But it is so fun its worth it :)

      Delete
  3. This is so cool! Too bad international shipping is so pricey. Fox socks sound awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you liked your package! You are right, TJ Maxx (or TK Maxx as it is known in the UK!) is the key to this exchange - it is amazing what you can find there! Also, I am loving my little package from you, the socks are on and I am discovering caramel apple cider for the first time (and loving it!). x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, those socks are adorable. Autumn is such a perfect theme!

    Hannah

    x

    www.daintyandivory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete