Thursday, May 23, 2013

Blog Every Day in May!

Hello!

It's May 23rd and I'm excited for a three day "weekend" in a few days - mine will be Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday! 

On to the prompts:






 Things you've learned that school won't teach you:

*How to do taxes and handle investments (Why don't they teach this?!?)

*That there will ALWAYS be a whiner, a slacker & a gossip in your work situations learn to ignore them and better yourself.

*College is overrated - you could get all D's and still have a "college" education.  I want to work with people with common sense.

* We are a global community and we better stop being so "'Merica F@ck yea" or there will be no "Merica!"

* How to relax and enjoy life :)

Blog Every Day in May

Tell us about the best compliment you have ever received.

Honestly, I think any compliment is the best!  But my old boss (who is an AMAZING woman, smart, pretty, financially stable, could win The Apprentice any day of the week) She told me after I left that I was really good at what I did - I don't remember her exact words but it pointed out things I take pride in and confirmed that I have valuable skills and she missed me.  So it meant a lot.

I am sorting my nail polish "collection" as we speak so I hope to have a video up soon!  The dining room table looks like a nail salon.

Jasmine

3 comments:

  1. Oooooooh, I can't wait to see your nail polish collection!

    That was a sweet compliment from your boss. It's always good to feel valued!

    I agree with all 5 of your bullet points! So, so much win there. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very nice compliment - I like my points as well :)

      Delete
  2. I agree college is overrated, yet many jobs require you to have a college degree. I would say probably only 25% of what I learned in school was relevant to my job. The rest I had to learn while on the job. What a waste!
    That was a very nice compliment from your boss. Any compliment is nice but some just seem to give more of a lasting impression.

    ReplyDelete