Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Primer Primer

Hello:
 
I realized the other day that most people that read my blog now, did not read it in the beginning.  I actually did a ton of reviews on primers in the beginning and thought I'd provide some  links to the most popular ones.



But first, why do you "need" a primer?  "Just like you prime a wall before you paint it, you can prime your face before you apply foundation. Primers work much like a moisturizer under your foundation does: they ease the application of foundation and are meant to create a barrier between foundation and skin.

Makeup artists swear primers go one step further than moisturizers: They'll even out skin tone, help your makeup stay on longer and absorb oil with salicylic acid."  -From about.com


So here they are (in no particular order) after starting with my favorite Make-up Forever!

Make-up Forever HD primer - Review
Estee Lauder's Matte Perfecting Primer - Review
Estee Lauder's Illuminating Perfecting Primer - Review
NP Set Calming Pre-Foundation Primer - Review
Lancome La Base Pro - Review
Hard Candy - Review
Arbonne - Review
Too Faced Poreless Primer - Review
Rimmel Foundation Primer - Review

Hope you find something helpful here :)

Jasmine








5 comments:

  1. Hi Jasmine! Been following your blog fr awhile now. I love using primers too and are trying 3 diffrrent ones atm! Maybe i should do a post to compare them hmm. I used the MUFE primer fr my wedding shoot xx PS i have an international skincare giveaway on my blog right now that u might b interested in. Mandy @ makemeupmandy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definetly check it out! What 3 primers are you trying? Any of them good? :)

      Delete
  2. i am obsessed with trying new primers! thanks for the list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I will go through these! I'm always looking for primer reviews so this is a super-helpful list.

    ReplyDelete