Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Color Whisperer

Hello!

Today I wanted to share the 2 Color Whisper "lipsticks" I bought recently.  Calling these lipsticks, is kind of like calling the Revlon Lip Butters lipsticks.  Some are more pigmented, but they feel much more like a balm.  So let's see what I got:

Berry Ready on the left and Bare to be Bold on right

The colors I choose were Berry Ready and Bare to be Bold.  I really wasn't sure what either was going to look like.  Maybelline describes this product as: "Get truly translucent gel color. Sexy, soft, see through color.  No heavy waxes or oils.  Just a kiss of shine."

I am always on the hunt for a good "nude" lipstick so that's why I grabbed Bare to be Bold, and I thought the Berry Ready would actually be lighter than what it turned out to be, as they said "soft see through color".  The colors are very comfortable to wear and you can easily put a little balm underneath if you are feeling chapped (as I was when I wore Bare to be Bold). 

Berry Ready
 
Berry Ready appears much lighter in this photo, I was quite surprised how pigmented this color was.  You can get a better sense of the color from the swatch above on my arm.  But I still like the color.

Bare to be Bold

Bare to be Bold on the other hand is lighter than I thought it would be it is just a tinge more color than clear.  It gives your natural lip color a bit of beige. 

These are comfortable to wear so that's a plus but I'm not totally in love with the colors.

Jasmine







18 comments:

  1. I love the Bare to be Bold. I am really into nude lips right now. :)

    Take Care,
    Mandy Jean
    www.mandyjeanchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be into nude lips if I could just find the right one! I have lots of bold colors but very few nudes.

      Delete
  2. I just picked up some of these the other day as well. Berry Ready is one of them. I was also really surprised at how pigmented that one was. Bare to be bold hardly has any color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your pics, I think I like your chhoices better :)

      Delete
  3. I have two of these! I like the texture as well - I bet you would like the Blush color that I got it's a nice alternative to a nude, I'll post swatches soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check Blush out, and can't wait to read your post!

      Delete
  4. I just posted about this because I finally picked one up in A Plum Prospect. The texture is really nice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The texture is great! I like how you can wear balm underneath because my lips are misbehaving!

      Delete
  5. pretty! For something that I thought was supposed to be sheer, it's quite pigmented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually really like Berry Ready! It reminds me of a more subdued version of Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie. Bare To Be Bold is way too unpigmented for someone like me who has dark lips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I have really lighht lips so it just looks like chapstick. That's why its actually usually easy for me to pick lip colors because how it looks searched is how it looks on my lips.

      Delete
  7. i recently picked up one of these it was a lilac sort of colour, I'm posting my review on it in the next couple of days! overall, i agree with you , they are comfortable to wear!

    -ariel* xoxo
    www.chiclookxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it Oh la la Lilac - that's a very pretty color :)

      Delete
  8. Berry Ready was the first color I picked up from these and I was expecting sheer pigmentation and I was definitely surprised. I really like them. I also picked up Lust for Blush and I really like it. It is a pale pink and a your lips but better type of color.

    xoxo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every one keeps saying how much they like Lust for Blush - I better try it!

      Delete
  9. It's been hit or miss with me and the colors. I LOVE the formula though. I love how lightweight and sheer they are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it's hit or miss - you cannot tell what color you are getting til you get it on!

      Delete